Many municipalities will start vaccinating those in risk groups against influenza at the beginning of November. The influenza vaccination is free for those for whom influenza poses a considerable health risk, or who gain significant health benefits from the vaccination.
The following groups are entitled to a free influenza vaccine:
- those aged 65 or older;
- children aged between 6 months and 6 years;
- pregnant women;
- those in risk groups because of an illness or treatment;
- social and health care and pharmaceutical services personnel participating directly in the treatment or care of patients or clients;
- men starting their military service and women starting their voluntary military service;
- those living or staying for long periods in institutional conditions;
- certain people in close contact with those susceptible to severe influenza.